Tuesday 28 July 2009

Barrier Broken!!!

I have cracked the 5 minutes barrier. For those of you who are seasoned runners and those of you who are non runners, 5 minutes continous running (or jogging in my case) might not seem much but for me it is something.

I decided to deviate from my planned schedule as the jump from week 3 to week 4 is 3 minutes to 5 minutes seemed to be a BIG step so I programmed my watch to run 3m 4m, but i managed an extra step in the inital program, so everything seemed to get a bit confused when I was supposed to be running instead of walking. So I wnet back to the old method of lap timing. the end result

5m warmup 3m jog 2m walk 4m jog 2m walk 5m jog 2m walk 3m jog then walmdown.

Popped into our local running shop here in watford (http://www.upandrunning.co.uk/shops/watford.php) to look for a waterproof running jacket, and they couldn't be more helpful. They spent some time looking on the internet for a manual for my wife's garmin, and then took even more time looking for the right jacket for me. I love buying on the internet, but having a local shop with helpful knolegable staff is unbeatable, and the prices are not that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment