Saturday 20 June 2009

Feels Good & first race musing

Fridays Run was good. I felt good, managed to increase my pace on the last interval without killing myself, and found I am beginning to run more upright. Still have problems with a blister on my heel, tried a plaster but it was hurting more during the walking sections than the running, so if its still around on Monday I'll try a Gel pad (£3 in Tescos).

Reading Runners World in the bath (never a good thing it gets wet!!), my mind drifted towards my first race. I have entered the London Marathon for next year, but won't hear until October wether I have a place or not, so a lower distance rance beween now and then is on the cards. Many many years ago I got dragged into doing the Burnham Beeches 10K, a race I remember as having lots of hills and even now its being described on their website as 'testing'...maybe I should look for something flatter????

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment