Saturday 27 June 2009

Rain drops keep falling on my head

mental note... when running in a rainstorm...you get wet!!!

I was still achy yesterday (Friday) so I decided to shift my schedules run to today.

Came home from work, and the sky was looking grey and stormy, but I though I could escape..boy was I wrong!!! I was on my return trip and the heavens opened and I mean opened!!! what was previously a dry path now has 3 inches of water.. cross country anyone?

Now I'm supposed to be jogging for 90 secs and then walking for 2 minutes, but walking for 2 minutes in the pooring rain was not a good idea so I ignored the training plan and jogged the rest of the way home.... the result? Very wet, a bit achy but the lovely wife had the bath ready when I got in (and I just HAD to give a a big wet HUG!!!) and I felt I have acheved something....

The Garmin in the wet is interesting... The 405 have a touch sensitive menu system and when it gets really wet it thinks you are touching it constantly so it flip through the modes... hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment