Sunday 2 August 2009

More Barriers Broken

Haing spent most of the day at a family christening and Birthday party I sat for most of the afternoon, wanting to go for a run. Sticking to my normal training schedule Sunday is a rest day, but I NEEDED to run. So I came back, and hit the roads. Still working on working with small steps I completed the 1st half of week 4, with a 5m warmup, 3m jog, 1.5m walk, 5m jog. At the half way point my heart rate was around 164 and I felt I needed to top.On the return trip, which is mostly downhill I worked to both reduce my bpm to under 160, and work with small steps. The first 3m felt rewally good, so I decided to miss the interval break and carry on. The 1.5m passed and I was now into the 5m jog, I still felt good and slowing to keep my bpm 160 or under i plodded on. I reached my warmup marker and then jogged perhaps another 100 yards before my watch beeped and I slowed down into my warmdown... I thinen realised after breaking the 5 minute barrier I had just jogged continously for 9.5minutes... nearly a mile!!!! and I hadn't killed myself in the process.

I am feeling good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment