Saturday 15 August 2009

This is actually the blog from yesterday but we came back so late, nothing got written.

I was quite tired at work, so when the wife came back at around 7.30 it was a case of get up and go the the gym or snooze in front of the TV. so I chose the gym.

I had been looking forward to trying out the treadmill and have spent some time looking on the web at the differences between running on the road and the treadmill.... they are all wrong!!!!

I set the treadmill up for a 1% incline did my warmup on a bile and then started on a brisk walk. Now if I was still following the Couch Potato to 5K my road running should have been 5m 10j 3w 10j. Given my watch timings previously I have been consistant around 6mph (10m/mi), so I expected to find I was running something similar on the treadmill. The first thing I found that with no breeze I got very hot very quickly, although my HR was still below my normal 160. This ment I couldn't spit so got more uncomfortable. I managed to complete my 10m although I decided to switch to distance rhater than time, so I managed 1mi jog .25 w 1mi jog and then had some time on a stepper, rowing machine and weights.

Overall I have around 1.5 hrs of workout and a good soak in the sauna and jacuzzi

Today I feel still as I haven't worked with weights for quite a while, but I enjoyed it.

Back there on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment